Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ciudad Bolivar


Cuidad Bolivar is about an hour out of Bogota. A church has started ministries in this poor neighborhood to share Christ through child care. I went with a group from ECA who has been partnering with them consistantly.



The kids were all given presents for Christmas and fed.






There were also clowns to enyertain the kids who also shared about Christ and taught christian songs to the kids.










What I find most consistantly when working with kids is they just want to be noticed. To be told they are special. To be loved.
My biggest prayer is that I can be an accurate representation of Christ´s love. That they would thirst after Him and not the world. That they can follow Him from a young age being completely satisfied in Him.





























We played several group games where I had to follow along trying to pick out intructions from the spanish.






















This is a puppy the kids tried to give to me because it is a stray. It was so hard not to take him with me!!





















No comments: